Monday, September 21, 2009

Weekly Update

I've just come off a fabulously relaxing weekend of much needed lady time...I had full intentions of getting in the studio but am glad I had the 2 days off (I am pregnant for goodness sake...!). I'll be in there this week prepping for the Philadelphia Open Studio Tours and starting some new sketches and whatnot. More on that below:

Current Exhibitions



Step Right Up...
New sculpture by Darla Jackson
September-October 2009
Vagabond Boutique
37 N. 3rd Street

Philadelphia, PA

This show is still up until October 31st, so if you're in Old City stop in and check it out!




My Face in Your Space
September 10 - October 2, 2009

Nexus Foundation For Today's Art

1400 N. American Street

Philadelphia, PA


This show is like the Facebook of art, where participating artists had to create a portrait of the artist that invited them to be in the show. It runs until October 2nd.

Upcoming Exhibitions

In October...

My studio will be open to the public for 2 days as part of the 2009 Philadelphia Open Studio Tours. Come see the space I share with the fabulous Ms. Aubrie Costello.

POST Open Studio
October 3-4, 2009, 12-6pm
3237 N. Amber Street, Studio 3-3-A
Philadelphia, PA

My studio will be included on the Friends of CFEVA Guided Tour on October 4th, which is great for those of you who are not sure which studios to visit! More info can be found on the POST website


Fall 2009 Classes

My Sculptural Forms class at the Fleisher Art Memorial is up and running. Last week was our first week and everyone is doing fabulously. Unfortunately the The Introduction to Animal Sculpture Class through Pterodactyl Philadelphia didn't run this time, but I'll be offering another session in the spring so anyone who's interested, please let me know!

That's all for now...I'm off to deinstall the Fringe Fest installation!

No comments: