Thursday, September 17, 2009

Darla in Real Life: Part 2 - Crazy Cats and Fancy Packages

Some days are needed to just stay home and catch up on the business end of art, ie updating resume, sending out applications, emails, emails, emails, planning future projects, etc. Quite honestly I love this part of it...getting my affairs in order always frees up my brain for being able to make stuff without panicking in the middle of sculpting (OH MY GOD! DID I REMEMBER TO PAY THAT BILL?! DID I EMAIL THAT GUY ABOUT THE SHOW AT THAT PLACE? DID I REMEMBER TO TELL THAT PERSON I'LL BE THERE NEXT WEEK TO PICK UP [INSERT RANDOM ART RELATED THING HERE]?, etc, etc, etc)...

The other reason I love these days is because while I'm at home taking care of businezz, I get to see what it is that my cats actually do all day AND I get the mail as soon as it comes! (Note to readers: I absolutely love, adore, obsess over getting mail...not getting mail will turn a good day grumpy in an instant and vice versa.)


Turns out that, the cats, they don't do much...







And mail has been good! Yesterday I got a bag I ordered from BunniesBunnies on Etsy (it's called the 6 Bunnies bag! How perfect!)


And she included 2 freebie items!!!! This pin:


And this little wrislet! I was overwhelmingly exciting...not only did I get mail...I got extra presents in the mail!
Ok, now for the actual getting down to business part...