Friday, August 29, 2008

Long Overdue Update

Ok so I've been working my butt off to get the boots done and have hardly had time to take photos, let alone post them on here, but now I have some moments and want to get atleast somewhat up to speed.

Here's where we left off...

Finished Mold:

Aug 173

Here's the mold after we added conduit to each piece. This helps in 2 ways: It acts as a reinforcement for each piece, adding rigidity and also doubles as a handle, which is greatly needed when demolding the piece.

Aug 175

Close-up of the handles.

Aug 197

We then drilled holes around every edge of the piece, about 12 - 16 inches apart so we could bolt it back together later on.

Aug 204

Me with finished mold just prior to demolding. (There is video of the demolding and I'll get that together at some point and put it up on here.)

Aug 213

The mold pieces.

Aug 215

On piece if the rubber not supported by the mother mold. I had to scrub the rubber was terrible. I vote no to using shellac on clay. Do what you will Ron Mueck but I stand by my choice.

Aug 222

After putting vaseline on the plaster mother mold, we put the rubber back into the mother mold to get ready for the casting process.

Aug 241

The original clay boot.

No comments: