Friday, August 29, 2008

Casting...times 12.

So after a crazy demold off the clay original, we set the mold up to cast into it. Since we used Poly 74-29 rubber for the mold, we needed to coat the surface of the mold with a resin called Poly Coat. This protects the surface of the mold from being scorched by the heat of the plastic we use. Since we've been so busy when casting I don't have any photos of that process...yet. Buuuuuttttttt since we're doing it 12 times I think I'll still have some time to catch it. (We're almost done #7...whew!)

Anyway, in the meantime, here are some pictures of the finished boot:

Aug 232


Aug 234


Aug 005

Justin has been most entertaining throughout the whole project, making sure to throw and wave around various items emphatically.

Aug 014

Ready for delivery...

No comments: