Sometimes things break...such is life. Sometimes coming out of the mold, sometimes while chasing them, and sometimes your daughter just breaks something that's already finished (see the squirrel). Today while in the studio I fixed a few pieces that were in need of a little love. I used PC 11, a two part epoxy that is great. This version is especially nice because if things are wet (freshly cast plaster) the epoxy will still set up. It will even set up under water! Anyway, its easy enough, just an equal mix of each part, blended until the color is consistent throughout. I put a little on each side of the break, press them together, wipe away any excess and then put a little blue tape around the seam to help secure the pieces/apply a bit of pressure. Sometimes I use a pin to secure two pieces together if its a break in a larger area, like the squirrel's tail. I then let it set for 24 hours and once its ready, cut away any residue that seeped out. Then I'll chase/patch/paint as usual and all is right in the world.
1 day ago