Saturday, February 19, 2011

Home...

This is a photo of a sculpture I did my last year at Moore in 2003. It's a life size self portrait and in the hands was a little bronze dead bird. The piece has been outside in my backyard for 5 years or so and despite the patina flaking off (It's plaster and not meant for being outside) it still looks pretty good (if I do say so myself...). A funny thing is that after that big snow storm we had recently, a pigeon laid beside the piece and died there... I wonder if it knew I was a lady who was fond of birds, alive or dead. My wonderful husband took some photos for me once some of the snow melted...

2 comments:

Kim Radatz said...

wow, amazing. the bird must have had a sense he was needed there. put him to good use. Beautiful work.

Kim Radatz said...

wow, amazing. the bird must have had a sense he was needed there. put him to good use. Beautiful work.