Thursday, July 10, 2008

Mail Order Moldmaking...

One thing that anyone who I'm close to knows is that I LOVE getting mail, of any kind...letters, packages, emails, text messages, notes in my lunch box, etc...
And one thing that I love about getting ready to make molds is that I get LOTS of stuff in the mail...

IMG_6953

400 nitrile gloves (latex allergies be damned!)
96 2" Chip brushes (!)
160 lbs of rubber (!!)
4 lbs of plastic (for testing casting methods)
2 cans spray release
1 gallon of expensive mold coating...(let's hope it works REALLY well...)
10 lbs of Polyfiber
4 lbs of pourable expanding foam... (for testing)
362 T-pins
And lots more to come...

Be on the lookout for a step by step photo guide on how to make a rubber mold on a giant boot...(You know, just in case you ever find yourself in that situation. ;)

No comments: